Skip to content Donate Members Login. Develop a Culture of Preparedness Every household, government agency, and business must know the seismic risks of the buildings they occupy, the transportation systems they use, and the utilities that serve them, as well as the actions they can take to protect themselves.stuntmomfilm.com/uploads/duplin/789-sin-city-coupon.php
Departmental Research Projects
Every household, government agency, and business needs to be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least three days 72 hours following a disaster. Citizens and governments need to take steps to ensure adequate response care for special needs and vulnerable populations. This can be done through region-wide, multi-organizational plans, training, exercises and coordination assessments, as well as continuing improvements in our collective understanding of seismic risks. Invest in Reducing Losses Building owners, governments, and the earth science and engineering professions must target potential collapse-hazard buildings for seismic mitigation, through retrofit, reduced occupancy, or reconstruction.
Governments and other relevant agencies must retrofit or replace all facilities essential for emergency response to ensure that they function following earthquakes. These facilities include fire and police stations, emergency communications centers, medical facilities, schools, shelters, and other community- serving facilities. Knowledge Center Search.
Sort: Select Ascending Descending. Show: Select 10 per page 20 per page 50 per page Show All.
Shopping Cart Loading World Housing Encyclopedia. ICC Publications.
National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program
Our Subscribing Members. Click here to learn more. Follow us. Become a Member EERI provides members with many ways to stay on top of the latest research and professional developments.
- Acts of God. Disaster Risk Reduction after the Japanese Earthquake | ISPI!
- Taking Stock of Delinquency: An Overview of Findings from Contemporary Longitudinal Studies (Longitudinal Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Series).
- Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 (Star Trek 365).
- The Birth of String Theory!
- Community Earthquake Disaster Risk Reduction in China (CEDRRiC)!
- Earthquake Risk Mitigation Plan.
- Infinitary logic. in memoriam Carol Karp. A collection of papers.